Chris started in life as a lawyer, joining Fried Frank in New York and Freshfields in London after studying at Oxford University and Harvard Law School. He quickly realised that his passion was for the professional services firm itself rather than the law, and joined McKinsey & Company. He spent six years with the firm carving out a rare niche in serving partnerships and professional services firms. During this time he moved from London to Sydney. Most recently, Chris was the Chief Strategy Officer for KPMG Australia, seeing the five year transformation strategy move from design to execution to results.
Over the last 10 years Chris has worked with more than 10 world-leading legal, accounting and consulting firms across the globe, including:
- Long term strategy development for a Big Four accounting firm, law firms, and McKinsey's own strategy
- Cultural transformation at one of Australia's biggest professional services firms and a Big Four bank
- Asia market entry strategy for a major accounting firm
- HR and people strategy, including the talent management strategy for a Magic Circle law firm in London, and firms in Sweden and Australia, and the
- Partner performance management and remuneration design for Golden Circle law firms and Big Four accounting firms
- Top team workshop facilitation, CEO strategic advice and executive coaching
This breadth of experience has given him a unique perspective on what works - and doesn’t work - in a professional services context. Chris has a passion for variety and problem solving, and following the success of the KPMG transformation program, started Amadeus Professional to enable him to make an impact on a broader group of firms.
Chris has also spoken on professional services strategy at partner conferences for several of Australia and New Zealand’s leading legal and consulting firms. He is currently working on his first book, Transforming the Professional Services Firm.